Sunday, January 16, 2011

And We Have Water!

Yes, the water is running!! We have water!! I'm really happy about it.

Living without water wasn't a big at first. More inconvenient than anything else. Until the 4th day. I woke up feeling so grumpy. I knew I could shower at my friend's house and wash my clothes at work in the home ec room, but I was just not happy. I had gone to a basketball game and decided I was going to live like this anymore. I figured I would just accept living with no water and I made a plan. I would shower after school in the locker rooms, bring a small load of clothes to wash and I was going to melt some snow, get extra water, and just accept it. Of course, on my way home, the pipes had thawed out. But I was happy to see that my survival instinct would kick in and I would be fine. I can make it out here. I wasn't happy but I was happier claiming back my life on my terms. We hadn't done dishes waiting for the water to come back on, and I was going to boil water to wash them....

So there was some personal growth in this experience.

The other new thing is my roommate ordered a dish for tv. So we have tv. I'm so happy I'm not going to miss the Oscars this year. I haven't had cable in 4 years. I would go to my mom's for special events. And I was a bit upset with the oscar race on and me missing it. But no more....I can watch it myself!! Woo hoo!

So there's the update so far.....life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Lara! I enjoyed catching up on your blog. I admire your strength and spirit!

Full Circle

Ten years ago, I left for an adventure teaching in rural Alaska. I stayed for 3 years. I experienced complete isolation, a completely new wa...