Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Reflecting on a Journey: Iceland

On a bus
This is one of my most favorite selfies. It's me waiting on a bus.

But I am so happy in this picture. That's why I love this picture. I was so happy to be sitting there on that bus, so excited to where the bus was taking me. I sat there, looking at my itinerary for the day, and wondering what I would see. 

The bus was in Reykjavik, Iceland and I am waiting for a tour to begin. I knew I was in for an amazing adventure, breathtaking sights, and it was going to be worth the wait.

It was a once in a lifetime trip.

It made me so very happy. It was the kind of experience that filled my soul in a way I never expected.

I never wrote much about my trip to Iceland. I started to write about it, but I wasn't ready.

I plan to correct that. I'm calling my series: Snapshot of Iceland.

I look forward to reflecting and sharing what makes Iceland so amazing.

No comments:

Full Circle

Ten years ago, I left for an adventure teaching in rural Alaska. I stayed for 3 years. I experienced complete isolation, a completely new wa...