Monday, November 7, 2011

And the Snow Has Started....

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I guess it's been hard to put some things down....or sort my thoughts out. While nothing's wrong, I find this year has been a harder adjustment than last year. I love my class and so many things are going so well, but it's still been a difficult transition.

I was watching Pride and Prejudice (the BBC version of course!!!) and it hit me. I was dating Mr. Wickham! My friend, Michelle, refers to him as the Barking Pig (as to not offend dogs or pigs) but I realized......He's my Mr. Wickham.....I tell you, that man would lie to your face and steal off with your sister for sure!! I'm actually okay with that, cause that just means my Mr. Darcy is not far behind.....

It's started to snow and we have quite a bit of snow on the ground. I was delighted to take Dakota out in the snow for the first time. He loved it! He runs around, digs, and plants his face in it. I have never seen an animal take to anything so fast in my life. I truly have a snow dog!

I forgot to mention Halloween. It was -4 degrees out that day. The trick-or-treaters were half frozen by the time they got to my house. And honestly, most of them had given up and gone home. But the hard core trick-or-treaters would not be denied! Annie, the oldest woman in the village (no one knows how old she is) was right out there with them, she's such a trooper!

I do have some sad news on the personal front.....my aunt is dying. She has lung cancer and it's spread. She has a tumor in her esophagus and it is cutting off her airway and she can no longer eat.

I idolized my Aunt Kim when I was a little girl. I thought she was so glamourous and fun. I hope she doesn't suffer and finds peace soon. She was a huge part of my family and it's hard being so far away from my family at times like this. Who knew the last time I would ever see her was this summer?

There's the lesson: kiss your loved ones and tell them how much they mean to you whenever the mood strikes you......

And since I hate to end the blog post on a sad note: here's pics of my loves.....

my brothers....adam & ethan

the kids table (my bros, sis-in-law, & cousin)

my cats, Daisy & Lola

Me the first time I ever babysat my niece, India

Me in Marilyn Monroe's handprint

Baby Kisses (with India)

Dakota (at 3 1/2 months)

Dakota in the snow

Dakota and I in the snow

My mother and I in Hawaii

Akiak, Alaska

Life in Alaska












1 comment:

Danielle said...

This is lovely.

I love you.

Full Circle

Ten years ago, I left for an adventure teaching in rural Alaska. I stayed for 3 years. I experienced complete isolation, a completely new wa...