Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Dastardly Plans....

were foiled!!!

In honor of my baby brother's birthday, I posted a heartfelt birthday wish on Facebook. Then, I posted a baby picture of him, again, wishing him a happy birthday.

I saw him two days later for a birthday celebration at his house. 

He made a crack how he never received a text from me about his birthday.

"Didn't you see my TWO Facebook posts!?!" I asked incredulous. 

"What?" he snorted. "That doesn't count. Besides, you got that picture from my girlfriend. You didn't even scan that yourself."

I decided he was going to rue the day he complained about my birthday greetings. He wanted texts, then I would give him texts!




I think he's on to me....



Oh, he's so funny!





It's true, my other brother's birthday was the next day.





He's getting cocky now....






Wait! What!?!

He posted on Facebook that his phone was broken.

This completely ruins my plan. I was going to keep this up for months! Maybe even a whole year until his next birthday.

The beauty of this plan was in the long term...sure it was cute now, but in six months it was going to be epic. I had a reminder set on my phone to text him. This was going to be beautiful....and it's ruined. Ironically, by the very technology that I was using to prank my brother.

Sadness descends in the house of Miss Ruark.

No comments:

Full Circle

Ten years ago, I left for an adventure teaching in rural Alaska. I stayed for 3 years. I experienced complete isolation, a completely new wa...