Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Booked My Flights Today!!

I'm so excited!

My flights to Europe are booked! (Go Ahead Tours booked them for me!)

I'll be flying out directly from San Francisco to Paris. 

I had wanted to fly out of Sacramento because not only is the airport nicer and less crowded, it's also so much easier to get there and back. San Francisco takes twice as long to get home than to get there with all the crazy Bay Area traffic. Finding someone who's willing to drive you is a lot to ask for.

However, the only flight to Paris that I could get for that day was to fly me from Sacramento to San Francisco and then to Paris. Now, that's just silly. My Go Ahead Tour contact and I decided to just fly out of SF. BART (Bay Area's subway) goes directly to SFO, so I am planning on taking that to the airport so I won't be hassled with needing a ride. I won't have much luggage, so that won't be too annoying. 

My flight home is gonna be an adventure!

I'm flying out of Vienna 11 days later. I'm flying to Zurich, Switzerland for a 4 hour layover to San Francisco. 

I have no problem spending 4 hours in Switzerland! I will buy a magnet from there for sure. My flight looks like it's going to be 3 hours with all the time zone changes. 

I figure I'll take Lyft to get home or take BART home again. I'm not sure what would be better. BART would be crowded but it would avoid the traffic and maybe be quicker. And after all the flying around the world, maybe I want to just get on a train and sit for an hour. I can do that. 

I am so excited. Booking flights is one step closer to going. My trip is almost all paid off and in a few months, they will book the hotels for me. My last trip had very nice hotels, nothing fancy but still very nice and with some great locations. 

I have a referral link if you are interested in checking out Go Ahead Tours for any trips in your future. Clicking on that link will give you $100 from Go Ahead to put on your trip with them and I get credits to use on my next tour!

I hope everyone had a great holiday and I'll see you in the next post!

No comments:

Full Circle

Ten years ago, I left for an adventure teaching in rural Alaska. I stayed for 3 years. I experienced complete isolation, a completely new wa...