Saturday, July 23, 2011

How to Make Family Visits an Adventure....

Bring someone who's never been to your hometown before!

So tonight's my last night in California for the next few months. I'll be back during the holidays. This was a good visit...filled with theme park visits (okay one), trips to the city, factory tours, hanging out with friends & family, visit to a movie studio (Pixar!!!), going through most of my stuff in storage, and a tattoo.....

I got a tattoo....the stars on the Alaskan state flag. It's the most delicate looking of my 7 tattoos. I love it!

The time flew by! This has been my longest trip to California but it's been fun. Normally, I just hang out with family & friends & shop, but this time I got to enjoy the sites and fun activities the Bay Area have to offer.

Oh....and there were sunburns....did I mention I got totally sunburned? Once while just driving around? Where was my sunblock? Right next to me in case I needed it. I obviously need to work on my judgement involving skin care and the sun's rays....good to know. I see a strapless dress is in order for the plane ride home....ouch!

Sister really enjoyed herself here. She's hoping I oversleep and we miss our flight. And since I have been guilty of oversleeping twice during the course of our stay.....it's a real possibility. And she's not even secretly hoping, she's made it clear that if I do oversleep, she's gonna let just keep on sleeping!

I have noticed something. I thought Alaska would make me stronger and tougher. And it has, but I also thought I would start looking tougher....and be less girlie. But I find myself buying more pink. And this is the tote I am bringing home:



Yeah, I dance to the beat of a different drummer....and he's slightly off beat.

Here are some pictures of my trip: Enjoy!!!











No comments:

Full Circle

Ten years ago, I left for an adventure teaching in rural Alaska. I stayed for 3 years. I experienced complete isolation, a completely new wa...