Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Reflections......from a chew toy....

that would be me!

Dakota is sick right now. He had really bad tummy trouble and is now on a bland diet. I hope it helps.....I hate him being sick and I can't do anything about it.

My friend MM writes a blog and she wrote a blog entry about our trip....and her blog has a lot more pictures than mine. So if you'd like to check out MM's blog to read about your's truly, then click here. I should warn you that most pictures of me aren't so pretty. There's several on there I'd like to never see again.....but whatever! :)

Dakota is still learning and we've been having fun. He doesn't act like he's sick.....In fact, he's learned how to jump, and how to sit....at first he would get bored and walk away with me saying "Sit! Sit!" then pushing his butt down, but yesterday, he sat!!!

He really is a good puppy. He's better behaved than most puppies I've had. Of course, I can do without the humping.....luckily for me, it's on my blanket and not my leg....unlike my dear friend OM.....Dakota just loves your leg!

Dakota had a growth spurt since Anchorage....and his ears have straightened out. They don't fold over anymore. Which makes me kinda sad, cause he doesn't look like a baby anymore. He is officially 12 weeks old now. So he really is a baby.

I walk home every day at lunch to let him out of his crate for a few minutes. It's been getting colder and this morning there was frost on the ground where the sun hadn't melted it away still when I walked home. It's dark when I leave for work at 8 in the morning now too. Winter is coming...

And personally, I'm looking forward to it. I have a new parka and new boots to wear this year. I'll look great walking Dakota around.

I know that my life is really all about Dakota right now.....but he's already opened doors for me and brought me new experiences. We go on walks and kids ride by and shout hello to me and hello to Dakota. Kids see him out and they come running. And he loves people, especially kids! I used to make it a point to go walking around last year....every so often. And now, I'm out so much more. He makes life more fun.

I really wish the cats agreed with me on that one though. Lola plays with him.....she bats him every time he walks by....Daisy runs from him....

Okay, the cat thing isn't going as well as I hoped.

I made a video of Dakota pictures.....and I am proud to say, "See? I wasn't a crazy cat lady, I am a crazy pet lady!!!"



1 comment:

Michelle said...

The thing to never forget is you are in fact A Crazy lady :) Having a new puppy is so much fun... and so much work I forgot how demanding they can be, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Full Circle

Ten years ago, I left for an adventure teaching in rural Alaska. I stayed for 3 years. I experienced complete isolation, a completely new wa...