Monday, March 11, 2019

Transformation Update #3

This might be my last transformation update for a bit now that I'm getting into the swing of things.

3 powdered shake flavors
I am finishing Week 3 of a 16 week medically supervised liquid diet. I haven't cheated, nor have I given up.

So, I had my first Med Check this week where I got to meet with my doctor and go over my latest blood work and also how I was doing on the program so far. I told her how my gut didn't know what to do with it's self and she told me that was common and recommended I start taking a fiber supplement. 

She also recommended I start taking vitamin D to help boost my metabolism. I know that I was hoping I would have lost more on the program but did she agree with that statement? I dunno, because I didn't ask. I meet again with her on Week 5, so I can ask her then.

I've settled into a routine with my eating on this program. I'm still needing someone to watch my class while I run to the bathroom a couple times a day and that's annoying but I am very grateful that people are willing to help me. 

Ready made shakes are an option
I went to the movies on Friday and that triggered me. (Captain Marvel - go see it!) I was at a fancy movie theater where you order food and servers bring it right to your seats. So I saw plates of yummy food keep going by me. I had thought picking a seat at the end was a smart idea in case I had to use the bathroom but the food was distracting.

I'm not use to denying myself food. This is a completely new idea to me, especially if the food is right there for the ordering! I think this is one of my issues as to my weight gain and this is something I will have to work through the rest of my life if I want to live a healthy lifestyle, cause trust me, I wasn't craving vegetables. 

Some of the bar options
Another new thing for me is exercise. I normally get 10,000 steps on the days I teach (plus walking Dakota) but on my days off, I don't move much. So I decided to go to the gym on Saturday and Sunday. I slept in, got in my gym clothes, drank a shake (that what the program says to do), worked out, had to drink another shake cause I was really hungry afterwards. 

I've lost over 10 pounds so far. I don't know if that is considered fast or slow on this program. I'll have to ask but there's really nothing more I can do to get better results. I'm staying on the plan, moving more, drinking more water, and I'm trying to get to bed earlier. My body is just gonna do what it can do at this point.

Some benefits so far: my clothes are looser in my midsection. I didn't take measurements and now I'm kinda regretting it because those results would be interesting. I'm also sleeping a lot better. My energy stays consistent throughout the day and I don't have crashes like I used to. All that energy is coming from me now. 

I can mix and match & have soup too
There's also a tomato flavor soup
I get hungry but a meal fills me up. I eat every couple of hours too, so when I get hungry it means that I just need to eat something. The only time I ignore my hunger is when I am going to bed. I don't feel like I'm starving myself at all. Depriving myself, sure but I'm not crying about it anymore. 

I've had several decades of treating myself or "living a little" and it's okay to take a break from that for a while. 

I'm glad I didn't go the surgical route and did something where I did something permanent to myself. This is temporary. This is resetting my body, my taste buds, my metabolism, and my habits. 

A month from now will be awesome but right now, it's kind of a boring phase. 

No comments:

Full Circle

Ten years ago, I left for an adventure teaching in rural Alaska. I stayed for 3 years. I experienced complete isolation, a completely new wa...