Sunday, June 6, 2010

not the only ruark having an adventure!!!



So I am not the only Ruark who adventures are in store for!! My baby brother is currently "across the pond" in England!! Ethan (aka Evil Ethan) is a huge Shakespeare fan/student and is really excited to be in Straford-Upon-Avon, the birthplace & early home of William Shakespeare.

His journey first took him to the city of Bath (which he can't say without the english accent - i know, so Madonna), where you can see bathhouses constructed by Romans during the Roman Empire. The pipes still flow hot water, but they used lead pipes, so you can't actually go into the water. But you can see the steam...

My brother also went to Stonehenge, where this picture was taken. (and used with permission - thanks Ethan!!). Kudos for the amazing pic!

I wish Evil Ethan good luck in England. My first adventure was also in England 17 years ago, and it's been fun seeing pictures of the same places I saw back then. My only advice to Ethan is to not let 17 years go by before you travel someplace else.

I loved London & I hope my brother does as well. Actually, I have no doubt he will adore it. My only real hope is that the food has gotten better since I was there. Yuck! It was awful!!

So enjoy and good luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoying your blog Miss Ruark!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, mystical picture...
Go gypsy siblings!

Lisa Cowan said...

I enjoyed your post Ms. Ruark! Garrett (my oldest) and I went to England, just over a year ago. It was a great adventure and we visited those same places and (sorry to say) the food wasn't great. Though we did enjoy the Indian food, everything else was..well, not great. Didn't enjoy the Bangers and mash, nor did we like the Fish n chips with mushy peas...yech! Glad you are enjoying yourself in Hawaii!!! Keep the blog up!! :)

Full Circle

Ten years ago, I left for an adventure teaching in rural Alaska. I stayed for 3 years. I experienced complete isolation, a completely new wa...