Sunday, August 1, 2010

T Minus 19 Hours....

Wow....this last week has been an interesting experience. A big thank you goes out to my mom, my music teacher friend, my step-dad, & my cousin for helping me get ready. My brother also helped move the couch out.

I found out that my Alaskan life fits in 20 containers. I'm wondering if I am bringing too much stuff. But I also got rid of half my apartment so what do I know? So I'm sitting here at my mother's house after printing up my boarding pass. I bought a new laptop, but there's no wireless internet, so here I sit.

It's a weird mix of emotions that fill me. I'm excited, sure. And terrified. I'm happy to see my new friends again. And heartbroken to leave my old ones.

There's so many things I'm going to miss.....and yet so many new experiences are waiting for me....

But tonight....tonight I'm remembering why I love Benicia so much. Benicia is more than simply a town, i love the geography, the weather, and the people...

Some cultures do not say goodbye unless it's an absolute "I'll never see you again"...so in that regards I leave Benicia with these words:

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Full Circle

Ten years ago, I left for an adventure teaching in rural Alaska. I stayed for 3 years. I experienced complete isolation, a completely new wa...